June 22, 2016

Alternative Vests


A lot of coincidences fell into place the day my sister and I shot this post. I put on an outfit to wear to school without a second thought, but ended up getting a lot of unexpected compliments about it. I also tried out a new hairstyle at the same time, and had no homework to complete. Whether or not it was because I really liked my outfit or had no work to do, I was pretty content that day. So, I accepted my sister's call for adventure and wandered the neighborhood. We took pictures, appreciated nature, and ran away from bees (or should I say I ran away from bees). 

The weather has been quite flip floppy recently; from hot sunny days to cold wet rain the next. This particular outfit is perfect for the warm/cool weather, when you're checking the weather in the morning and haven't got a clue what to wear. The outfit is easy to recreate with just regular black leggings, a short sleeve top, and any sleeveless button-ups you may have, worn as a light-weight vest. Other than that, if you want to dress it up for occasions outside of school, you can just throw on some accessories like a watch, necklace, and bracelets. Put your own spin on the outfit by adding a touch of your style. 

Blush Folded Blouse
Forever 21 (link)

This short sleeved blouse has been one of my favorites ever since I got it. I constantly turn to it when I can't figure out what to wear, and it's easy to match with cardigans, jackets, or vests.

Rose-Gold Watch
Aldo (link)

I'm not sure if you can see the watch clearly in the picture above, but it's a nice minimalist timepiece with a rosey-gold hue. It is convenient for when I need to know the time, but more importantly, it brings something extra to my outfits

White Chiffon Short Sleeve
Forever 21 (link)

I got this awhile back and have come to always rely on it for different purposes in my closet. Since I don't have many vests, most are fleece and are meant for the winter, I recently discovered a new way to wear it than it's regular purpose. 
  Black Suede Ankle Boots
Joe Fresh (link)

These boots are nice alternatives to my normal black leather ones. They tie together the outfit perfectly. I normally don't wear them to school partially because I don't want them to get wrecked while waking.

I hope you liked this Outfit of the Day Post. I haven't done one in awhile, so do let me know if you like them and want more. Thanks for reading this post and to all of you, have a fun during summer break, we finally made it!

Stay gold,

Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment