July 13, 2016

Tiny Poems from Once Before



For someone who feels a lot, and for someone who has built a home amidst words, it seems natural to bleed poetry. Though most days at present, it is not as common for me to write, the format of my thoughts remain akin to free verse. Sadly enough, it is rare for me to put pen to paper nowadays (a tendency I'm working to revert). However, there was a period of time in which I was consistently spewing out lines left and right. 

These words have always been profoundly personal; they ring true as an amalgamation of my thoughts and feelings during times when I felt the need for release. In truth, I never thought these would see the light of day, but in hopes of showing you more of myself, I am sharing a few tiny poems with you. From me in the past, and me right now, to you.  

11:58 AM 

I don't have the strength you seek
or the hope that you desire
all I am is ash and dust
moments after the fire

10:30 PM

Th weather forecast predicts
that the rain will fall
in the foreseeable future
but I can already feel it 

11:06 PM

I can still feel you
like a phantom limb
gone yet persisting

12:09 AM

the noise
the noise
inside my head
enough to wake
all of the dead

2:12 AM

At 2 am
you have the choice
to feel lonely
or infinite
and I don't know
which one is 
more misleading 

I hope you've enjoyed catching a peek at my inner workings. More than that, I hope that some of these lines have resonated with you in some way, shape, or form. Do let us know if you'd like to see more of this kind of content. 

Stay gold,

Kimberly
Photos of me taken by: Winonah Estranero

No comments:

Post a Comment