March 28, 2018

New Experiences


Each year when I turn a year older, I never feel any different on the exact day. When midnight hits, I still feel like me from the time before. However, there are so many moments where the time seems to have gone by so quickly. It's hard to witness yourself actually growing up, but then you come to those realizations where you've actually changed immensely in the short, long period. Every second, I treasure more and every obstacle, I am more determined to overcome. The world is such a beautiful place with so much to offer and a lesson I've learned is too always to try to be open to it. Keep your arms wide open because there is definitely more joy out there that will come.



LIFE UPDATE

- I have started pursuing a career path that I feel confidently about and is something that I know is in line with my passions as well as interests. It has always been my desire to put my skills to use in a way that can affect, change, and help others. This was the premise of my choosing to spend my time this Spring Break interning at a law firm. The entire experience has been so gratifying and I've learned so much not just in terms of knowledge about the law, but workplace skills also. It has been an amazing opportunity to test my capabilities and honestly get excited about the idea of becoming a lawyer.

- With this first-time job, the journey has been full of surprises. I learned that strangers are nicer than most people expect, whether it's asking for directions or just trying to fill the silence. Society has always taught us to be cautious, which I understand is incredibly important but we shouldn't close ourselves off from each other either. Throughout the past few days, I've been able to interact with more new people and the experiences have proved to be very lovely. My skills in small talk have always been a bit shaky, nevertheless I feel as if going into it without second guessing yourself is what is truly key to accessing your inner "social butterfly". There are certainly many interesting characters out there and you yourself are also an incredibly unique person.

- I bused on my own for the first time, which for me is a really big milestone. A very useful skill to have is the knowledge and understanding of public transit. My time to see that for myself came on multiple occasions via bus and skytrain. The first few times my eyes were glued to my phone trying to make sure I didn't miss my stop or go in the wrong direction. Like new things in life we eventually, become comfortable and used to it. I learned to get past my uncertainty and hesitance. Doing it on your own is different because there is no one to ask or laugh with if you get lost and so I guess another lesson I learned was trusting myself (as well as Google Maps).


I hope you all enjoyed this post! I wasn't sure what to write about for this week, but there seemed to be quite a few new recent experiences in my life and I thought to share them with all of you. I've learned a lot from them.

Stay gold,

Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment