September 20, 2017

Les Femmes


Over the summer this year like any other I had a lot of time on my hands. They were no longer spent taking down notes, writing essays, and solving mathematical equations. My hands were getting idle and one night of inspiration as I was sitting on the computer desk, I put pen to paper and drew. It started off with the "Le Petite FĂ©ministe" piece. I fell in love with this style of drawing and the theme. I continued on and made a few pieces that I like to think represents females as both beautiful on the surface and at the heart too.
The following pieces will soon be going up for sale on Flux + Folk. Be sure to keep an eye out for them. This mini collection of art is something that I hope to grow more in the future. I was really taken by this style of art and I hope all you ladies out there especially can find strength or inspiration through them. I know they mean a lot to me.

My friend told me recently that this particular one reminded him of Meg from the disney movie "Hercules." I quite agreed and must say am quite proud of this. She fit  perfectly with the message I was trying to depict. When I first watched the film I was quite fascinated with her personality.

On a uniquely cold summer morning spent at Cultus Lake came the creation of this drawing. I was quite enraptured by current in the water. It had a certain calmness, although you could not help but always recognize its presence. In times of stress and feeling of being overwhelmed, a lesson I had to learn was to just move with it. Move within the waters and enjoy what there is to appreciate in the moment.

In future I'd be happy to do commissions like this or remake some of them. So if you're interested just send us a message on Instagram or email us!

Stay gold,

Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment