September 6, 2017

Back to the Daily Grind

 By the end of every school year my soul always feels tired and worn out. The combination of a very hectic sleep schedule being balanced with homework and extracurricular activities is without contest the most probable cause. Summer has always been an oasis on the horizon so out of reach until it's there. Once it's there however, it disappears in a blink of an eye leaving us all wondering.

Our recent trip to New York was the exact remedy to rejuvenate us and bring us back to life. Two weeks of bliss as we were plucked out of reality and brought to a place of dreams. We've been saving for years so you can imagine how amazing it felt to finally walk the city's streets. This was no ordinary summer. I can promise you that.

Leaving it was bittersweet. I always knew in my heart that I would be sad to go because getting on that plane back to Vancouver meant it was the end of a long awaited adventure. Nevertheless, I was left inspired in my future pursuits. Here's some things I learned in the Big Apple that I hope to carry with me throughout this year, and even the rest of my life:

THE LIST

1| Remember to seek adventure wherever I can

2| Sunsets are best spent with great people (It helps being on top of a roof or on the deck of a boat)

3| Appreciate spontaneity because they exist in small and large ways

4| Take risks when tasting food

5| The spirit of the place is usually in the people

6| History is everywhere and seeking it out is part of the fun

7| NYC and anything truly great was not built in a day; it took the contributions of many


Now it's time to get back to the daily grind. It will definitely be hard to get used to after life at the city, but I can't lie. It is good to be back home. I missed you Surrey! I hope all of you enjoyed this blog post.

Stay gold,

Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment