February 10, 2016

Time after time, watch after watch

For some reason, I have it in my head that being a watch-wearer makes me one step closer to being more like an adult. There's just something about looking at your wrist instead of checking your phone that screams 'adult' to me. I know that at 21, I am legally an adult, but truth be told, I have yet to still wake up one morning and not feel like a kid. With that being said, here's some of the watches I have come to acquire over the last several years that have made me feel like more of 21 year old.

  Tan Faux-Leather Watch
$18.90 (USD) - Forever 21 (sold out)

This first one was featured in my September Favorites post and is definitely the cheapest out of all 4. Now normally most people would question it's quality considering that the price was fairly low. In this instance however, I think that the price has made me love the piece all the more. The faux-leather doesn't irritate the skin on my wrist, and the design itself is so classic and timeless so in my book, this was a winning purchase.
 Around the World Leather Watch (in brown)
$27.62 (onsale) / $39.00 (currently) - Urban Outfitters

I remember how insanely long this watch was on my mind ever since I first laid eyes on it 3 years ago. I pretty much thought that it was one of the most gorgeous timepieces I had ever seen. Especially since it was completely befitting of my desire for traveling and exploring. However, the price deterred me as I'm quite a big bargain hunter and am not one to normally spend that much for one piece. So what happened in between hesitancy and check-out? Well, let's just say it was finals week, stress levels were high, it was almost Christmas, and I was desperate for incentive. Plus, it went on sale which was an added bonus!
  Timex Easy Reader Leather Strap Watch
Gift - Timex (link)

This special thing was featured on my January Favorites post in which I talked about who gave it to me and my initial impressions. I'm happy to report that I'm still loving it to no end. I do have to turn it off every night because the battery is so high powered that the ticking of the clock is enough to keep me awake and staring frustratingly at the ceiling. If that's any indication of the quality, then I'm all for it. 

Dark brown leather watch
Gift - Kenneth Cole (unavailable) 

This last watch is so insanely important to me. It was given to me by my grandmother when we visited for vacation in 2012. It's not only a constant reminder of one of my favorite summers, but also, it was essentially my first "grown-up" watch. I wore this all summer, and consistently throughout my first year of university until the battery ran out. I have yet to get that replaced, but powerless as it is for now, it still maintains its significance. 

Well there you have it! A quick run-down of all the timepieces that I currently own. Maybe someday, I'll feel like an adult without a watch on my wrist. In the meantime, I'm glad I've got these to hang on to. 

Stay gold,

Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment